This recipe was given to me by Margie Knight from my church in Sacramento, CA, Arcade Baptist Church. I have made this recipe with throughout the years and it is a great side dish or it can be a meal itself. Often I serve it with this cornbread.
- 2 cans of the larger pork & beans
- 1.5 lbs of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1 – 2 sweet onions, diced and sauteed in the bacon grease
- 2 1/2 cups of petite diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 – 3 Tbl chili powder
Mix all ingredients all together.
Two ways to cook:
1. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours
2. Place in Crock Pot on low for 3 – 4 hours